Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms of Service carefully before downloading, installing, activating, accessing and/or using the Application. By accessing or using the Application, the User is deemed to have read, understood, agreed and consented to the Terms of Service and further agrees and undertakes to be bound by the same.
BigBoss IoT reserves the absolute right to change or modify any of the Terms of Service and/or any policy(ies) or guideline(s) in relation to the Application, at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion without notice to the User. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the same on the Application or www.thebigboss.my, and the continued use of the Application by the User shall constitute the User’s acceptance of such changes and/or modifications. The User is advised to review the Terms of Service from time to time for using the Application.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT under no circumstances whatsoever shall BigBoss loT or its affiliates or partners be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with the User’s access or use of or inability to access or use of the Application, whether or not the damages were foreseeable and whether or not BigBoss loT was advised of the possibility of such damages.
Terms of Service – Use of the Mobile App and the Application
1. Service Rules
- The User is required to download BigBoss app to use the Application.
- The User must register a user account for the Application using accurate, truthful data (including, but not limited to the User’s mobile phone number and email address). If the User changes his/her mobile phone number or email address, the User is required to update the change(s) in the User’s profile page in the Application.
- The User must not (or assist others to) access, use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sublicense, transfer, display, perform, or otherwise exploit the Application in impermissible or unauthorized or illegal manner, or in ways that burden, impair, or harm BigBoss loT, the Application, systems, other users, or others.
- The User must not use the Application for the purposes which are immoral, illegal or inaccurate.
- The User must not use the Application for purposes which would infringe any intellectual property right subsisting within the Application.
2. User Account
- Each User is allowed to register one (1) account only.
- The User shall not be entitled to use another user’s account without permission. When creating the User’s account, the User must provide accurate and complete information.
- The User is advised to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) for your account and not disclose the account password to any third party. The User shall notify BigBoss loT immediately upon discovery of any fraud, illegal or unauthorized use of the User’s account. Notwithstanding the aforesaid notification, BigBoss IoT shall not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
- The User may control the User’s profile and the manner of accessing and using the Application by changing the default settings that are made available to the User.
- The User shall solely be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User’s account, and, shall further solely be responsible and liable for all activities that occurred and/or carried out in, on and/or through your account.
- The User shall notify BigBoss IoT in writing of any illegal or unauthorized use of the User’s account, or other account related security breach immediately upon the User becomes aware of the same.
3. User Contents
BigBoss IoT claim no ownership nor rights over the User Content created by the User in Application. The User Content created by the User remains the User’s property at all times. By sharing the User Content through the Application, the User is deemed to have agreed and consented to allow the other users to view and/or share the User Content so shared. BigBoss IoT reserves the rights (but is not obliged to) in its sole discretion to remove and/or delete any of the User Content shared by the User on or via the Application at any time and from time to time, with or without assigning any reasons for such removal or deletion, if Bigoss loT decides in its absolute discretion (which decision shall be final and binding) that the said User Content or any part thereof is illegal, immoral or not appropriate for sharing on or via the Application. The User understands and agrees that the User may be exposed to the User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to the User’s purpose, and the User hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees and confirms that BigBoss IoT shall not be held liable for any damages that may be suffered by the User arising or resulting from the User Content.
4. Ownership and Copyright
Except as otherwise indicated the name BigBoss IoT, the web site, and all text, images, marks, logos and other content contained herein, including, without limitation, the BigBoss logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (excluding the User Content) (collectively, the “Site Content”) are the properties of BigBoss IoT, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of BigBoss IoT. The User acknowledges and agrees that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of infringement, the User shall immediately remove the identified materials from the Application. BigBoss loT respects the intellectual property rights of others. Please notify BigBoss loT in writing, by email or mail to BigBoss loT at the addresses below stated, if anybody believes that a user of the Application has infringed his/her/its intellectual property rights.
BigBoss IoT Sdn. Bhd.
17-1, Jalan Rampai Niaga 5,
Rampai Business Park,
53300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
5. Additional Policies About the Application
This section contains additional policies and information about the Application and its features including internet data, geographic coverage information, personal information security and battery usage.
A. Internet Data
The Application requires internet connection for service features usage and event data update displayed in the User’s mobile phone. The internet intermittent connection or internet connection down caused by telecommunication service provider(s) or internet service provider(s), might lead to the delay respond by the action triggered from the Application. BigBoss IoT recommends the User to perform rapid crosschecking on the internet connectivity of the User’s mobile phone to ensure the consistency of app with mobile data as dependency include BigBoss.
B. Geographical Coverage Information
As with any Global Positioning System (“GPS”) or mobile data device, the accuracy of the device location information by GPS shown on the Application depends on, the quality of the connection between the device and the GPS satellites and the connection with the mobile phone network. The external factors such as bad weather or the presence of tall buildings, or inside building will caused the GPS information inaccurate or inconsistent.To achieve the best and accurate location positioning results by the Application, BigBoss IoT recommends the User to set the mobile phone location mode to high accuracy, by using GPS, WIFI and mobile networks to determine mobile phone location.
C. Personal Information Security
BigBoss IoT always strive to tighten up the integrity and security of its users’ personal information received by BigBoss loT. However, BigBoss loT cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat its security measures or use the User’s personal information for improper purposes. The User acknowledges that the User provides his/her personal information at his/her own risk.BigBoss IoT will not disclose the User’s information to any third parties for marketing purposes or anyone other than as needed to provide the Application or as required by any applicable laws or civil authorities. BigBoss IoT will comply with the Data Protection Act and associated legislation.
D. Battery Usage
BigBoss IoT truly understands that the Application will consume battery power faster than turning off GPS. User has options to reduce the usage of battery by adjust the GPS update frequency Setting from 1 minute to 30 minutes or User may turn off GPS when they are in a condition with less potential threat so as to extend the life of the phone battery.
The Application is a FREE security and community apps to assist users in crime fighting and improve security and safety of the community. BigBoss loT is taking initiative with full effort to make the Application a stable and reliable security apps. However, functionality and performance of the Application maybe affected due to various unknown circumstances including but not limited to phone setting, model, operating system (“OS”) version and OS limitations, individual user setting, GPS setting, accuracy and accessibility, data or internet connectivity, phone battery status, recipient response and etc. BigBoss loT shall not be liable for any responsibility for any unexpected situation.
Despite that, BigBoss loT will continue to develop and improve the functionality and stability of the Application. Please share your feedback and suggestion with BigBoss loT. BigBoss loT wishes that the Application can truly help everyone in the community and together we can achieve a sharing and caring society, a safer, peaceful and better living environment for us and for our children.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact BigBoss loT by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BigBoss loT Sdn. Bhd.